No matter who you are or where you come from, maintaining good dental hygiene is important. We want to make sure that our mouths are healthy, our teeth are strong, and our smiles are bright. Sometimes, however, maintaining a set of pearly whites can be quite difficult. Many of the foods and beverages we consume daily, along with dental habits, can cause discoloration in our teeth. In order to combat that, many people have turned to whitening solutions. If you are looking for a simple and easy way to make your smile brighter, try out one of the top nine best whitening toothpastes currently on the market.
Best Whitening Toothpaste FAQ
Image source: publicdomainpictures
What Makes Whitening Toothpaste Different from Other Toothpastes?
No matter what types of toothpaste you use, they will all work to clean your teeth. They can prevent plaque buildup, work to reduce harmful bacteria in your mouth, and remove food residue. The difference is that whitening toothpastes are also designed to reduce the yellowing of your teeth. These toothpastes can help remove stains, brighten color, and help create brighter, whiter smiles.
How Effective Are Whitening Toothpastes?
Each of the best whitening toothpastes has a different level of effectiveness. Many of them work in different ways and will have different strengths. You will have to consider your teeth’s current condition before deciding on which toothpaste is the best for you. It will also be important to consider how frequently you brush your teeth and how well you take care of them.Those that use the toothpaste twice a day will be able to see better results sooner than those who only brush their teeth once a day. If you frequently consume products that can stain your teeth, the whitening power of these toothpastes may also be diminished unless you limit those habits.
Why Should You Buy the Best Whitening Toothpastes?
If you are going to invest money into whitening your teeth, you want to be sure the product will be effective. You also want to make sure you are getting a product made out of quality ingredients. The best whitening toothpastes, the ones featured here on this list, will be able to do just that. They have proven to be effective for a number of individuals and are made of top-notch ingredients. Additionally, most of them come in at a fairly reasonable price point.
Where Can You Buy the Best Whitening Toothpastes?
Although you will likely be able to find many of these toothpastes at your local grocery store, you can be sure to find all the best whitening toothpastes on Amazon. For your convenience, we have provided direct Amazon links to all the toothpastes featured on this list.
Why Might You Want to Consider Whitening Toothpaste?
Your smile is important. It is often one of the first things people see when they meet someone. Your smile can also help to show how much you enjoy life, take care of yourself, express your feelings, and so much more. You want to properly showcase who you are to the world the moment people meet you, and the only way to do that is with your smile.Investing some time and effort into whitening your teeth can truly enhance your smile more than you may think. Having toothpaste do the whitening for you makes whitening both simpler and easier. You will not have to worry about remembering to do a whitening treatment, as it will fit in with your daily routine. Plus, it does not require proper placement or procedures like other whitening techniques. You can simply brush and begin to smile brighter each and every day.
How We Reviewed
Image source: pixabay
In order to make a clear and unbiased choice of the best whitening toothpastes on the market, we searched through and evaluated a large number of products. Once we had our top nine in place, we looked into each of the toothpastes even further. We then evaluated each of them based on their features, whitening capabilities, price and flavor. Taking all of those components, and also considering user feedback, we were able to come to a final verdict on the best whitening toothpaste currently available on the market.
Overall Price Range
You can purchase the best whitening toothpastes on this list for somewhere between $5 and $25. The differences in these price will depend on the brand, the whitening capabilities, the amount of toothpaste you receive, and the consistency of the toothpaste. However, there are probably a number of other whitening toothpastes out on the market that may stray from our estimated price range.
What We Reviewed
Crest 3D White Foaming Clean Whitening Toothpaste
- Foaming toothpaste whitens teeth by removing up to 80% of surface stains
- Protects teeth against future stains
- Strengthens teeth and safe on tooth enamel
- Fluoride toothpaste protects against cavities
- Foaming clean formula
The Crest 3D White Foaming Clean Whitening Toothpaste works to simultaneously prevent you from getting cavities while also fighting against potential stains. This toothpaste is completely safe for your teeth’s enamel and can actually help to strengthen your teeth. It has the potential to remove up to 80 percent of surface stains on your teeth, giving you a whiter smile in no time.
This toothpaste has a mint flavor with a unique foaming texture.
Opalescence Whitening Toothpaste
- TEETH WHITENING: Opalescence Teeth Whitening Toothpaste helps removing surface stains from your teeth to maintain a brighter, whiter smile.
- COMPLETE ORAL CARE: In addition to its whitening properties, Opalescence Whitening Toothpaste contains FLUORIDE to help protect from cavities. It has been designed thoughtfully to be GENTLE on your teeth, thanks to its low abrasiveness. Opalescence fluoride toothpaste helps you keep your teeth healthy and strong.
- FRESH MINT TOOTHPASTE: Opalescence Teeth Whitening Toothpaste offers the freshest minty flavor. Enjoy the fresh breath experience while you brush your teeth. This fluoride whitening toothpaste is also gluten-free and Kosher.
- MADE IN USA, BY DENTAL EXPERTS: All Opalescence products are proudly manufactured in the USA. They have been developed by Dr. Fischer, known in the whole word for his expertise in teeth whitening.
- Cool Mint flavor
The Opalescence Whitening Toothpaste can help eliminate unwanted stains on the surface of your teeth. This toothpaste contains fluoride and helps to fight against cavities. What is especially great about this toothpaste is that it is made entirely out of natural ingredients. It is also made in the United States.
This toothpaste has a cool mint flavor, made with natural ingredients, and a paste-like consistency.
Colgate Optic White Platinum Express White Toothpaste
The Colgate Optic White Platinum Express White Toothpaste has some groundbreaking whitening potential. This formula is able to brighten your teeth, providing a whiter smile, in as little as three days. From that point on, you will be able to see continued results that you can smile about. Plus, this toothpaste has been highly recommended by a number of dental professionals.
This toothpaste comes in a fresh mint flavor with a standard paste-like texture.
ARM & HAMMER Truly Radiant Bright & Strong Fluoride Anticavity Toothpaste
- 2 Pieces - 4.3 Ounce (127ml)
- Cleans, Whitens And Strengthens Teeth,
- Helps Repair Enamel Surface,
- Removes Stains
The Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant Bright & Strong Fluoride Anticavity Toothpaste uses the power of baking soda to bring natural whitening power to your mouth. Not only is this toothpaste safe for your enamel, but it can actually help repair enamel surfaces. Plus, it can help clean, strengthen, and, of course, whiten your teeth by removing stains.
This toothpaste comes in a crisp mint flavor with a white paste texture.
Activated Coconut Charcoal Teeth-Whitening Toothpaste
- GENTLY WHITENS OVER TIME: Our natural whitening formula gently removes surface stains from coffee, wine, tea and soda, to reveal whiter, brighter teeth. This product does NOT bleach teeth with chemicals. Natural teeth whitening for sensitive teeth. For best results use with Tuxedo, our all whitening tooth powder.
- ALL NATURAL TOOTHPASTE: Our gentle, natural formula is gentle on enamel, builds healthy gums and promotes healthy teeth. Safe for every day use.
- ACTIVATED COCONUT CHARCOAL: An anti-bacterial and anti-fungal powder that's excellent for gum health and sensitive teeth, plus it removes food and drink stains over time! Made in a food grade GMP facility in the USA.
- COCONUT OIL: Helps to prevent bacteria build up on your teeth to reduce cavities and tooth decay.
- SLS AND FLUORIDE FREE TOOTHPASTE: Free from potentially harmful chemicals. Our all natural toothpaste is a great alternative to traditional toothpaste brands that contain SLS and Fluoride.
The Activated Coconut Charcoal Teeth-Whitening Toothpaste is an incredible product for those really looking to brighten up their teeth. When used daily, this toothpaste can help create a significantly brighter smile in about 30 days. It uses activated coconut charcoal, along with a number of other all natural ingredients, to help clean your teeth and whiten your smile. The toothpaste is made in the U.S., great for sensitive teeth, and vegan-friendly.
This toothpaste has a mint flavor with a black, paste-like consistency.
Crest 3D White Whitening Therapy Enamel Care Fluoride Toothpaste
- Utilizes our Best Teeth Whitening technology* for a brilliantly white smile. *among Crest single tube toothpastes
- Repairs weakened enamel
- Formulated with an Active Mineral Complex that fortifies your teeth
- Gently lifts surface stains and impurities
- Refreshes your breath with rejuvenating mint flavor
The Crest 3D White Whitening Therapy Enamel Care Fluoride Toothpaste works to truly strengthen and repair weakened enamel. It has an active mineral complex that is designed to fortify teeth. Although it works a bit slowly, it can help gently remove stains on your teeth’s surface and create a brighter smile.
This toothpaste has a peppermint taste and has a white paste texture.
Tom’s of Maine Antiplaque and Whitening Fluoride-Free Toothpaste
- HELPS PREVENT TARTAR BUILDUP: Contains 2 - 5.5 ounce tubes of fluoride free, whitening toothpaste in Peppermint flavor. Our natural toothpaste leaves you tingly fresh with a clean you can feel.
- NATURALLY DERIVED INGREDIENTS: Toms toothpaste is all natural and uses zinc citrate sourced from zinc, a naturally occurring mineral.
- NEVER TESTED ON ANIMALS: This fluoride free toothpaste whitens your teeth by removing surface stains, as well as fights cavities, all using naturally derived ingredients for a sparkling clean and a confident smile.
- CERTIFIED B-CORP: Tom's of Maine meets the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose. Dye free
- GIVING FOR GOODNESS: Tom's of Maine donates 10% of our profits to charities committed to children's health, education and the environment. Employees donate 5% of paid time to causes they are passionate about in their communities. Thank you for supporting Tom's of Maine.
The Tom’s of Maine Antiplaque and Whitening Fluoride-Free Toothpaste contains no artificial dyes, flavors or phthalate. It uses true natural ingredients to help whiten your smile. The toothpaste itself is also cruelty-free and has been kosher certified. What is especially great about this toothpaste is that it can do all the tasks others do without the use of fluoride. Some people really do not enjoy fluoride in their toothpaste, making this an ideal choice for them.
This toothpaste has a peppermint flavor with a paste consistency.
Sensodyne Sensitivity Toothpaste
- Helps relieve tooth sensitivity caused by sensitive teeth
- Promotes 24/7 sensitive teeth protection, and protects against cavities
- Sensitive teeth whitening fluoride toothpaste. For stain removal, brush twice a day
- Number 1 Dentist Recommended sensitive teeth toothpaste
- Manage daily tooth sensitivity symptoms against hot and cold drinks, while whitening teeth
The Sensodyne Sensitivity Toothpaste is the ideal whitening solution for those with sensitive teeth. It can help relive sensitivity in your mouth while also protecting you against cavities. Additionally, it has the whitening power to remove stains from your teeth’s surface.
This toothpaste does not have a specific flavor but has been reported to leave your mouth feeling refreshed. It also has a paste-like consistency.
- Polishes away tough tooth stains, including coffee, red wine and tobacco
- Uses a unique blend of micro-polishers and stain fighters
- Actively restores and strengthens enamel
- Originally developed by a cosmetic dentist
- Over 50,000 dentists dispense Rembrandt's clinically proven teeth-whitening products
The Rembrandt Toothpaste has been created by a professional cosmetic dentist. Not only does this toothpaste eliminate tooth stains, but it can also help strengthen and restore tooth enamel. The toothpaste has a mixed blend of stain fighters and micro-polishers to truly bring out the whiteness in your teeth.
This toothpaste has a mint flavor with a standard paste texture.
Image source: publicdomainpictures
There are a lot of terrific solutions out there to whiten your teeth. All the whitening toothpastes on this list are sure to help yield results for those looking to try something new. Our overall pick of the best whitening toothpaste currently on the market is the Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant Bright & Strong Fluoride Anticavity Toothpaste. Not only can this toothpaste help rid your teeth of unwanted stains, but it can also help build up and strengthen your teeth, as well. Plus, it comes in at a reasonable price point that all can enjoy.