As a parent, you know that your baby is your greatest responsibility. So many decisions lie on your shoulders. Thanks to the internet, you can more easily compare all of the products out there to be sure you’re making an informed decision. We do some of the heavy lifting for you in this article to provide you with some insight into choosing the best diapers for your baby.
What Is a Good Diaper?
A good diaper will prevent leaking and will be comfortable to your baby. There are a ton of diaper brands and types on the market and choosing the best ones can get a little overwhelming. All diapers are not created equal. We took some of the biggest diaper brands on the market and put each one through a thorough examination.
What Does the Best Diaper Do Better?
Diapers are like every other product on the market in the sense that they’re not all created equal. They have different prices because they’re made from different material and have different qualities. The best diapers use the best materials and are designed to lock in solid, liquids, and gases. They will not chafe your baby and won’t rip or tear as you go to put them on. The best diapers are durable and sturdy and can easily last a few hours covering your baby’s bum.
How Does the Best Diaper Work?
The best diapers are engineered with the best design. They allow breathability and flexibility without anything spilling out the tops or sides. The best diapers will save you the headache of having to hurry and change your baby before the diaper overflows.
Where Can You Buy the Best Diapers?
For your convenience, we have included a link to buy each one of the 10 best diapers we’ve reviewed in this article.
How We Reviewed
The following products were reviewed based on the following parameters: features, pros and cons, price, and where to buy. We scrutinized these diapers and read all the reviews that other consumers wrote about these products. This is not a paid advertisement for any one of the companies in this list of the 10 best diapers, so we were able to give an unbiased review of each. With this article, it is our aim to help your decision-making process and lead you to purchase the best diapers for your baby.
Overall Price Range of the Best Diapers
There is a wide price range when considering the best diapers because we ranked them according to specific details. Some of the best diapers are disposable and some are cotton reusable. We didn’t want to limit your options to simply choosing from the most common or the diapers with the best value. So we put all the different brands through the same scrutiny. These ten are the best diapers we found on the market and they range in price from $-$$.
What We Reviewed
- Certified by Swedish Asthma and Allergy Association, a Swedish national association working to improve the conditions of people living with asthma, allergy, intolerance and hyper sensitivity. Designed to minimize the risks of allergy and diaper rash
- OK Biobased certified by AB Vincotte. Based on biodegradable materials that are natural and renewable
- Free from chlorine, latex, TBT, dioxins, phthalates, VOCs, dyes and perfume. Naturally breathable leaving the baby dry and safe
- GM-free, organic corn-based film (Design may vary)
- Available in sizes newborn, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.The various layers of the diaper are also made of natural and biodegradable materials, such as compost certified tissue and sugarcane
Naty is a diaper that our planet can agree with. This company went through great lengths to satisfy the people that care about every ingredient in their products. They have even won an award for the quality of their diapers. They have been certified by the top eco-friendly organizations in the world. The diaper is certified vegan and certified bio-friendly. There will be no artificial chemicals tarnishing your little baby’s bum when he or she is wearing these. The Swedish Society for Nature Conservation labeled Naty a good environmental choice.
- Monthly diaper subscription service
- Quality has declined over the years
- Reports of missing velcro tabs
- Low absorption amount
This product can be found on Amazon for 108 diapers at around $60.
- WELCOME TO A WORLD OF NO DIAPER RASHES! There is nothing worse than having a baby scream in agony from a painful diaper rash. We are so pleased to announce we finally have the solution you've been waiting for your whole parenting career... Our premium Andy Pandy Diapers are the "Bees Knees" when it comes to comfort. The moisture wicking and thermal regulating bamboo prevents your baby's delicate skin from getting painful irritation and rashes. Enjoy a happier baby, and an even happier you!
- DIAPERS AS SOFT AS YOUR BABY'S BOTTOM! We know when it comes to your beautiful baby, you want to give them the best. Our angelically-soft bamboo disposable diapers are ultra-comfortable to wear, and they are hypoallergenic and antibacterial to prevent irritation and chaffing. Plus, our deluxe Andy Pandy diapers have a aloe liner to keep your sweet baby's skin hydrated and prevent itchiness. It is pretty much the best thing ever for your baby's bottom!
- WE BELIEVE IN GIVING BACK! Did we mention that we love kids! As a mother of four wonderful kids, I can't see another child suffer without wanting to help in some way. That's just what we do as mothers, right? And our company is no different. We are a proud partner and supporter with St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. With your purchase of our sustainable Andy Pandy Diapers, you can also feel proud knowing that you are also contributing to a wonderful cause!
- THE ULTIMATE BABY SHOWER GIFT! Ever wonder what the most perfect baby shower gift would be? We may be a little biased, but we would definitely recommend our Andy Pandy eco-friendly bamboo diapers. They are sure to be a show-stopping success when your friend opens her gift to see that you took the need for necessity and comfort, and took it to a whole new level of awesome. She can enjoy having the best bamboo diapers on the market!
- ENJOY OUR LIFETIME "NO LEAK GUARANTEE!" As a mom-owned business, I made it my mission to create a superior leak-proof diaper, because "Ain't nobody got time for that!" You can rely on our diapers to be ready to handle any blow-outs that may spontaneous combust! If you are not over-the-moon in love with our premium Andy Pandy Bamboo Diapers, we will provide you with a full money back refund. Click the yellow "Add to Cart Button" today, and experience our sustainable diaper difference!
Andy Pandy claims to have cracked the code in the war on diaper rashes. If this is totally true, then that is a good enough reason for these diapers to be one of the best diapers on the market. Their consumers do not contest their claims. The way they manufacture their diapers and the fact that they are made of bamboo seems to really lower the probability of your baby getting a diaper rash. The bamboo captures moisture and regulates heat to keep your baby comfortable even after nature calls.
- High-quality bamboo diapers
- 3-D unique form-fitting design
- One-of-a-kind wetness indicator
- Some customers mentioned diapers having a strong chemical odor
- Diapers are relatively thin
- Sizes run bigger than listed
This product can be found on Amazon for 70 diapers at around $45.
- Four packs of 30 Earth's Best Chlorine-Free Disposable Size 4 Diapers
- For babies up to 22-37 pounds
- Chlorine-free, latex-free, dye-free and fragrance-free
- Moisture barrier cuff and breathable sides prevent leaks and keep baby comfortable and dry
- Available in seven sizes
Earth’s Best provides many alternative products for consumers that are plant-based. These diapers are a favorite among their customers. They come in seven different sizes. These chlorine-free diapers are also dye-free, latex-free, and fragrance-free.
- Moisture barrier cuff
- Soft and stretchy panels
- Manufactured by a long-standing trusted brand
- Stiffer than other diapers on the market
- Customers report a strong chemical smell
- They may give your baby diaper rash
This product can be found on Amazon in a case of 120 diapers for around $45.
- Our classic, eco Friendly diaper Design minimizes the risks of allergy and diaper rash
- Ultra absorbent and Perfect for both dayTime and overnight use
- Plush, super Soft non woven back sheet protects baby's delicate skin
- Size 4 fits weights from 15 to 39 pounds See size chart for more Details; Hypoallergenic
Bambo Nature is highly regarded by their customers. They use eco-friendly and allergen-free materials, and every one of their products is biodegradable and leaves a very low carbon footprint. These diapers a soft and last for hours. They also sell baby pants, and both the diapers and pants are FSC-certified and have been tested by dermatologists.
- Babies can wear these diapers overnight
- Moisture gets wicked away fast
- Material prevents diaper rash
- Sometimes the diaper sticks to the baby’s bottom
- These diapers are known to leak
- Stiffer than the traditional disposable diapers
This product can be found on Amazon in 180 pack for around $75.
- Free & Clear baby diapers are made for your baby's sensitive skin; the same great diapers without designs you love have a new look
- The ultra-absorbent, high capacity core of our baby diapers provides premium leak protection to keep your baby's skin protected and dry
- Our hypoallergenic diapers are free from lotions and fragrances, and the core of our diaper is free from chlorine bleaching
- New! Quilted liner made with soft unbleached cotton available on sizes newborn, 1 and 2 making these our softest diapers yet
- The wood pulp in the core of our diaper is sustainably sourced and FSC certified, helping to protect the world's forests and the animals who depend on them. FSC C115279
Many people swear by the Seventh Generation products because they are sold in major markets and made for babies’ sensitive skin. The Seventh Generation Baby Diaper upholds the good reputation of the brand by designing diapers that are sensitive to your baby’s tender skin. These diapers are hypoallergenic and free from fragrances and lotions that may cause irritation to your baby.
- Premium leak protection
- Soft quilted liner provides comfort for your baby
- These diapers are chlorine-free and unbleached
- Does not have any indicator to know if your baby is wet like some other brands
- Soft quilted liner is only available in the smaller sizes for newborn infants
- New design absorbs a lot less making bigger messes
This product can be found on Amazon for a 160 diaper count at around $40.
- Weight Recommendation: 6 9 pounds. One pack of HUGGIES Little Snugglers Baby Diapers, Size Newborn (up to 10lb), 88 diapers total
- Unscented, hypoallergenic diapers
- GentleAbsorb Liner provides a cushiony layer of protection between your baby's skin and the mess, and pocketed back waistband helps stop leaks
- Wetness indicator changes color when it's time for a change
- Umbilical cord cutout protects baby's belly button while it heals (Preemie and Newborn sizes only)
These are the diapers preferred by customers who are not necessarily eco-friendly, plant-based item consumers. Huggies is already a dominating brand in the market and is a premium quality diaper brand. The Huggies Little Snugglers are hypoallergenic and fragrance-free. They also have a patented Gentle Absorb liner.
- Wetness indicator to let you know when diaper is wet
- Umbilical cord cutout for newborn baby comfort
- Has pocketed waistband for comfort and to prevent overflow
- Diapers have strong chemical odor when unpackaged
- Customers complain of frequent leakage
- Must take extra precaution to prevent diaper rash with these Huggies
This product can be found on Amazon as an 88 diaper count for around $25.
- Recommended Weight: 22 - 37 Pounds. Pampers Cruisers size 4
- Wetness Indicator lets you know when your baby might need a change
- Soft,Stretchy Sides Helps the diaper stay in place,flexing with baby's every move
- Air Dry channels Breathable dryness to keep your baby comfortable
- Absorb Away Liner pulls wetness and mess away from baby's skin to help keep your baby comfortable
Pampers Swaddlers diapers were ranked as the #1 Choice for United States hospitals. This is an affordable diaper backed by a trusted brand. It does not appeal to the environmentally conscious consumer, but like many of the other diapers on this list, Pampers Swaddlers deserve their place among the best diapers. These diapers protect well, absorb well, and are designed to prevent leaks. These diapers feature a color changing indicator for you to know when it’s time to change the diaper as well as a contoured notch to make room for a newborn infant’s umbilical cord.
- Contoured umbilical cord notch
- Color changing wetness indicator system
- Manufactured by a reputable company
- Sometimes urine leaks from side of full diaper
- Sized a little large but very thin
- Customers often complain about these diapers when purchased from Amazon
This product can be found on Amazon in a pack for 148 for around $50.
- Recommended Weight: 8 - 14 Pounds. Product Designs May Vary
- Features soft and stretchy sides flexes with baby's every move. Dryness up to 12 hours of protection
As we mentioned before when discussing the Swaddlers diapers, Pampers is a household name. People often refer to diapers as Pampers, so when they make a product that is effective like these Cruisers diapers, they earn their spot on the list of best diapers. They have been in this industry long enough to know what their consumers want and they also know how to deliver it.
- Cruisers feature a trademarked 3-way fit for comfort and security
- Extra side channels for absorption
- Soft and stretchy side panels
- Amazon customers claim lower quality from Amazon fulfillment
- Larger babies experience blowouts
- When purchased from Amazon, customers received very thin Pampers
This product can be found on Amazon for a 160 quantity box for around $60.
- Made of 100 percent cotton
- Finished edges to prevent fraying
- Comfortable, recyclable and reusable
- Machine wash and tumble dry
- Birdseye Weave Fabric is made from many small fine yarns, woven in a pattern that provides a soft and absorbent diaper
Gerber is also a household name and was a popular brand for cloth diapers decades ago. Now, with the spread of information, many parents are more eco-conscious and want a diaper that is free of as much pollution as possible. Gerber provides this with a 100% cotton diaper. Unlike the other diapers on this list, this Gerber line is not disposable. Cloth diapering is its own subculture and if you want to know more about it, join some cloth diaper forums and internet groups.
- Serious money saver
- Absorbs baby waste very well
- Finished edges for long life of use
- Must wash a lot
- Does not guard against odor
- Get very warped due to frequent washing
This product can be found on Amazon as a set of 10 for around $15.
- Triple Leakguard with 3 absorption areas help keep baby's skin dry
- Nightlock Technology locks away wetness for up to 12 hours of overnight protection.Super soft on baby's skin for a comfy feel.
- Wetness Indicator turns blue when wet, telling you when your baby needs a change
- Designed with larger, refastenable tabs for a secure, snug fit
- Two fun designs so your baby can look cute without the leaks
Luvs also knows how to cater to the consumer. With these diapers, they were able to create a breathable, comfortable and high absorption diaper.
- Good overnight diaper
- Good overnight diaperVery fairly priced
- Trap in liquid poop well
- Run a little small
- Run a little smallDiapers are known to soak through
- Do not fit snugly; they fall off frequently
This product can be found on Amazon in a 172 count for around $30.
It is up to you to decide what is most important in your baby diaper purchase. Be careful when buying from Amazon because many diapers have been reported as knockoffs. To learn how to save money buying in bulk, visit our website.