As a parent, you know that your baby is your greatest responsibility. So many decisions lie on your shoulders. Thanks to the internet, you can more easily compare all of the products out there to be sure you’re making an informed decision. We do some of the heavy lifting for you in this article to provide you with some insight into choosing the best diapers for your baby.
What Is a Good Diaper?
A good diaper will prevent leaking and will be comfortable to your baby. There are a ton of diaper brands and types on the market and choosing the best ones can get a little overwhelming. All diapers are not created equal. We took some of the biggest diaper brands on the market and put each one through a thorough examination.
What Does the Best Diaper Do Better?
Diapers are like every other product on the market in the sense that they’re not all created equal. They have different prices because they’re made from different material and have different qualities. The best diapers use the best materials and are designed to lock in solid, liquids, and gases. They will not chafe your baby and won’t rip or tear as you go to put them on. The best diapers are durable and sturdy and can easily last a few hours covering your baby’s bum.
How Does the Best Diaper Work?
The best diapers are engineered with the best design. They allow breathability and flexibility without anything spilling out the tops or sides. The best diapers will save you the headache of having to hurry and change your baby before the diaper overflows.
Where Can You Buy the Best Diapers?
For your convenience, we have included a link to buy each one of the 10 best diapers we’ve reviewed in this article.
How We Reviewed
The following products were reviewed based on the following parameters: features, pros and cons, price, and where to buy. We scrutinized these diapers and read all the reviews that other consumers wrote about these products. This is not a paid advertisement for any one of the companies in this list of the 10 best diapers, so we were able to give an unbiased review of each. With this article, it is our aim to help your decision-making process and lead you to purchase the best diapers for your baby.
Overall Price Range of the Best Diapers
There is a wide price range when considering the best diapers because we ranked them according to specific details. Some of the best diapers are disposable and some are cotton reusable. We didn’t want to limit your options to simply choosing from the most common or the diapers with the best value. So we put all the different brands through the same scrutiny. These ten are the best diapers we found on the market and they range in price from $-$$.
What We Reviewed
Naty is a diaper that our planet can agree with. This company went through great lengths to satisfy the people that care about every ingredient in their products. They have even won an award for the quality of their diapers. They have been certified by the top eco-friendly organizations in the world. The diaper is certified vegan and certified bio-friendly. There will be no artificial chemicals tarnishing your little baby’s bum when he or she is wearing these. The Swedish Society for Nature Conservation labeled Naty a good environmental choice.
- Monthly diaper subscription service
- Quality has declined over the years
- Reports of missing velcro tabs
- Low absorption amount
This product can be found on Amazon for 108 diapers at around $60.
Andy Pandy claims to have cracked the code in the war on diaper rashes. If this is totally true, then that is a good enough reason for these diapers to be one of the best diapers on the market. Their consumers do not contest their claims. The way they manufacture their diapers and the fact that they are made of bamboo seems to really lower the probability of your baby getting a diaper rash. The bamboo captures moisture and regulates heat to keep your baby comfortable even after nature calls.
- High-quality bamboo diapers
- 3-D unique form-fitting design
- One-of-a-kind wetness indicator
- Some customers mentioned diapers having a strong chemical odor
- Diapers are relatively thin
- Sizes run bigger than listed
This product can be found on Amazon for 70 diapers at around $45.
Earth’s Best provides many alternative products for consumers that are plant-based. These diapers are a favorite among their customers. They come in seven different sizes. These chlorine-free diapers are also dye-free, latex-free, and fragrance-free.
- Moisture barrier cuff
- Soft and stretchy panels
- Manufactured by a long-standing trusted brand
- Stiffer than other diapers on the market
- Customers report a strong chemical smell
- They may give your baby diaper rash
This product can be found on Amazon in a case of 120 diapers for around $45.
Bambo Nature is highly regarded by their customers. They use eco-friendly and allergen-free materials, and every one of their products is biodegradable and leaves a very low carbon footprint. These diapers a soft and last for hours. They also sell baby pants, and both the diapers and pants are FSC-certified and have been tested by dermatologists.
- Babies can wear these diapers overnight
- Moisture gets wicked away fast
- Material prevents diaper rash
- Sometimes the diaper sticks to the baby’s bottom
- These diapers are known to leak
- Stiffer than the traditional disposable diapers
This product can be found on Amazon in 180 pack for around $75.
Many people swear by the Seventh Generation products because they are sold in major markets and made for babies’ sensitive skin. The Seventh Generation Baby Diaper upholds the good reputation of the brand by designing diapers that are sensitive to your baby’s tender skin. These diapers are hypoallergenic and free from fragrances and lotions that may cause irritation to your baby.
- Premium leak protection
- Soft quilted liner provides comfort for your baby
- These diapers are chlorine-free and unbleached
- Does not have any indicator to know if your baby is wet like some other brands
- Soft quilted liner is only available in the smaller sizes for newborn infants
- New design absorbs a lot less making bigger messes
This product can be found on Amazon for a 160 diaper count at around $40.
These are the diapers preferred by customers who are not necessarily eco-friendly, plant-based item consumers. Huggies is already a dominating brand in the market and is a premium quality diaper brand. The Huggies Little Snugglers are hypoallergenic and fragrance-free. They also have a patented Gentle Absorb liner.
- Wetness indicator to let you know when diaper is wet
- Umbilical cord cutout for newborn baby comfort
- Has pocketed waistband for comfort and to prevent overflow
- Diapers have strong chemical odor when unpackaged
- Customers complain of frequent leakage
- Must take extra precaution to prevent diaper rash with these Huggies
This product can be found on Amazon as an 88 diaper count for around $25.
Pampers Swaddlers diapers were ranked as the #1 Choice for United States hospitals. This is an affordable diaper backed by a trusted brand. It does not appeal to the environmentally conscious consumer, but like many of the other diapers on this list, Pampers Swaddlers deserve their place among the best diapers. These diapers protect well, absorb well, and are designed to prevent leaks. These diapers feature a color changing indicator for you to know when it’s time to change the diaper as well as a contoured notch to make room for a newborn infant’s umbilical cord.
- Contoured umbilical cord notch
- Color changing wetness indicator system
- Manufactured by a reputable company
- Sometimes urine leaks from side of full diaper
- Sized a little large but very thin
- Customers often complain about these diapers when purchased from Amazon
This product can be found on Amazon in a pack for 148 for around $50.
As we mentioned before when discussing the Swaddlers diapers, Pampers is a household name. People often refer to diapers as Pampers, so when they make a product that is effective like these Cruisers diapers, they earn their spot on the list of best diapers. They have been in this industry long enough to know what their consumers want and they also know how to deliver it.
- Cruisers feature a trademarked 3-way fit for comfort and security
- Extra side channels for absorption
- Soft and stretchy side panels
- Amazon customers claim lower quality from Amazon fulfillment
- Larger babies experience blowouts
- When purchased from Amazon, customers received very thin Pampers
This product can be found on Amazon for a 160 quantity box for around $60.
Gerber is also a household name and was a popular brand for cloth diapers decades ago. Now, with the spread of information, many parents are more eco-conscious and want a diaper that is free of as much pollution as possible. Gerber provides this with a 100% cotton diaper. Unlike the other diapers on this list, this Gerber line is not disposable. Cloth diapering is its own subculture and if you want to know more about it, join some cloth diaper forums and internet groups.
- Serious money saver
- Absorbs baby waste very well
- Finished edges for long life of use
- Must wash a lot
- Does not guard against odor
- Get very warped due to frequent washing
This product can be found on Amazon as a set of 10 for around $15.
Luvs also knows how to cater to the consumer. With these diapers, they were able to create a breathable, comfortable and high absorption diaper.
- Good overnight diaper
- Good overnight diaperVery fairly priced
- Trap in liquid poop well
- Run a little small
- Run a little smallDiapers are known to soak through
- Do not fit snugly; they fall off frequently
This product can be found on Amazon in a 172 count for around $30.
It is up to you to decide what is most important in your baby diaper purchase. Be careful when buying from Amazon because many diapers have been reported as knockoffs. To learn how to save money buying in bulk, visit our website.